The Data Center Switching Solution helps enterprises address the challenges facing today’s data center network while delivering a high-quality user experience for new real-time applications, greater agility in deploying new applications, seamless integration of public cloud services, and reduced data center costs.
This breakthrough solution offered by PVA, a certified Alcatel-Lucent business partner, starts with a unique blueprint for application fluent data center switching. This blueprint brings together three core innovations that together enable extremely scalable, high-performance and resilient data center fabric.
The Enterprise Data Center Switching Solution, the Mesh, includes the market-leading OmniSwitch 10K Modular LAN Chassis, the OmniSwitch 6900 and the OmniSwitch 6850E. The Mesh can scale linearly both in architecture and in pricing model to connect from under 100 to over 10,000 servers. The Mesh delivers on all the new requirements of virtualized workloads:
- Performance: low-latency, 10 & 40 GigE multipath connectivity
- Automation: the network automatically adjusts as a virtual machine is moved within and between data center sites
- Scalability: pay as you grow business model and direct connect architecture enable cost effective small to very large deployments with no rip and replace requirement
- Converged Management: visibility and performance tools linking application level views with network topology for improved trouble shooting capabilities
- Storage Convergence: enables storage model of choice for customer: iSCSI, FCoE.
The management stack includes management for end-to-end application performance visibility as well as Virtual Machine Manager for fabric management.
The solution also provides both IP and Optical interconnect of data center sites.
Manage applications as services
Adapt to follow virtual machine movement
Seamless co-existence with cloud services
High density, low latency, sustainable design